Hello August! It’s a little bit too late for me to celebrate this month, but today, allow me to share about this summertime layout using navy and sequins as a theme before we get crazy with the new Crate Paper collections.
Summer is often akin to the beautiful sea and sand – My husband and I captured some of it on a trip in Lombok, Indonesia.
The layout I created shares an image from the unforgettable experience – To connect with the water, and navy blue theme, I used Maggie’s bold blue polka-dot patterned paper for my backdrop. I then took my brush and playfully painted navy blue stripes onto white cardstock. To make for an even more fun impression, I dressed up the layout with navy blue embellishments. Both the Maggie Holmes and The Pier collections include lots of navy blue.
As a final touch, I pasted gold sequins randomly as a reminder of the beauty of the seashore. Summer isn’t always about the warm colors like yellow, orange and brown. You can also get away with using a strong color like Navy Blue when creating different layouts highlighting Summer’s most magical moments!
Enjoy the details
The August Creative Weekly is open to your challenge entries! Details are as listed…
– Fresh Handmade Wares encouraged – at least 75% Crate Paper (old and new/three product minimum)
– Original Design following this week’s CW theme; Navy Blue & Sequins
– Winner & Runner-Ups published at Crate blog & Crate’s Pinterest Board; Creative Weekly Challenge
– Open to most project types; layout, mini album, card, etc. One project per submission.
– Submission deadline is September 3, 2013 (5:00pm Central Time) – email@example.com
– Winner announced September 4, 2013. Late Submissions not accepted.
– Prize: The NEW Flea Market – Product Assortment Box